From 1st June, we will be beginning the next phase of improvement works along Llantrisant Road. Works will be carried out by our contractor, Walters, and will take place on Clos Parc Radur and between Heol Isaf Junction and Goitre Fach.
We’re currently expecting the works to take around 18 months to complete. These will include:
- The creation of two new four-way signalised junctions on Llantrisant Road, referenced as the Clos Parc Radur junction and the Ty Gwyn junction. The Clos Parc Radur junction will replace the current Clos Parc Radur roundabout.
- The creation of two new bell-mouth junctions on Clos Parc Radur which will become the entrances for a new Plasdŵr development, as well as widening the lower section of the road and adjusting the levels to ensure a smooth change between the new junction and Clos Parc Radur.
- Continued widening of Llantrisant Road, from the Clos Parc Radur Junction to the new Goitre Fach Development, to extend the new bus and cycle lanes.
- Installation of associated underground utilities and drainage to serve the new development, as well as relocation of the existing Gas Governor in Clos Parc Radur.
- Major soft landscaping scheme off the highway including planting trees and new hedgerows along Llantrisant Road and part of Clos Parc Radur.
- A new highway drainage storage pond feature and associated landscaping off the highway, on the south-eastern corner of the new signalised Clos Parc Radur Junction.
- Associated road and footway construction and resurfacing activities.
We expect work on Clos Parc Radur to be complete by autumn 2021, with the remainder of the works due for completion in autumn 2022. You can view the General Arrangements Plan and landscaping plans for this section of works here.
Walters will be completing these works during the following hours:
Mon-Fri 8 am to 6 pm
Sat 8 am to 1 pm
Out of hours working will be required infrequently. When necessary, it will be agreed in advance with Cardiff Council. This could also include Sunday working on the highway only between 9am and 10pm, along with possible night works between the hours of 7.30pm and 5am with noise ceasing at 11pm.
Walters has designed this programme as efficiently as possible, to minimise disruption for local road users and residents. This work can’t be completed safely without the use of temporary traffic lights, which will be used in varying locations throughout the programme as work progresses.
To ensure we’re able to complete the works to schedule, some temporary traffic lights may need to remain on the road outside of working hours and on weekends. 24hr temporary traffic lights will be manned at peak times between 6:30-10am and 2-7pm each day to help manage traffic flow and ensure queues are kept as short as possible.
At some critical stages during the construction process, in order to complete the work safely, road closures may become essential at night or on weekends. Any road closures would be formally agreed with Cardiff Council well in advance with notifications installed at key locations along the highway.
Advance notice of any changes to traffic management and working hours, as well as any road closures agreed with Cardiff Council, will be communicated via the Plasdŵr Twitter feed @plasdwr and on the Plasdŵr website www.plasdwr.co.uk.
Access for pedestrians and vehicles will be maintained at all times throughout the programme of works.
These infrastructure improvements are essential to the continued development of Plasdŵr. However, we do recognise that work of this nature comes with inevitable disruption and Walters will be working hard to complete this programme as quickly as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to email@example.com using the subject line ‘Walters – Llantrisant Road’.
We also release a quarterly e-bulletin containing the latest news and updates on development at Plasdŵr. If you would like to receive these updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘E-bulletin’.
We are sorry for the disruption this will inevitably cause. We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation, patience and understanding over next 18 months.