Our contractors, Walters, uncovered several unchartered services along Llantrisant Road which has unfortunately led to delays, but we are pleased to announce we are approaching the final stages of works.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the recent changes to timescales and thank you again for your patience and understanding as we complete these infrastructure works. We appreciate that the ongoing works cause disruption to residents, and we are working hard to complete them as quickly and safely as possible.
On Llantrisant Road:
- Road resurfacing works continued throughout September including the creation of footpaths.
- Main civil works are expected to be completed by the end of October.
- Weather-dependent, final road surfacing works and the commissioning of traffic signals are expected to be completed by mid-November.
- The new road layout will feature new, permanent, signalised junctions that are operational where Llantrisant Road meets Heol Isaf and Clos Parc Radur.
On Clos Parc Radur
- The infrastructure works at the junction of Maes yr Haf have been finalised and the showhome is now open.
- Temporary lights have been put in place at the junction of Llantrisant Road and Clos Parc Radur and to the south of Heol Rufus while our contractors undertake resurfacing works.
- Weather-dependent, final road surfacing works along Clos Parc Radur are due for completion at the end of October, at which point the temporary lights will be removed.
In the Pendown area:
- Earthworks movement is currently taking place off Pentrebane Road to support the upcoming infrastructure works at Pendown, with the works estimated to take us to the end of October.
- The next phase of work on the development is currently expected to begin in early 2024, and we will continue to communicate any further updates through our website and X (formerly Twitter) page @plasdwr.
There has been no change to working hours. Walters will continue to work between 8am- 6pm Monday-Friday and between 8am-1pm on Saturdays. All lights are manually controlled during the morning and evening rush hour periods and are monitored throughout the day from 7am – 6pm, seven days a week, to minimise any delays.
If there are any queries or concerns relating to any of the above infrastructure works, you can contact Walters directly via email@example.com. For any issues with temporary lights please contact our traffic management provider on 01633 853300.
*Timescales are correct at time of writing.